Founded in 1899, the Club made its home in the first instance on the Worcester County Cricket Ground, where they were allowed to play in front of the pavilion, hence the name of the Club.
In a report in “Bowls News” way back in 1948, Bill Lock lists the history of the Club. In 1899, one evening over drinks in the Cricket pavilion, some members of the cricket club were talking over drinks when someone mentioned the game of Bowls, and from those discussions the “County Ground” Bowling Club was born, and for several years Membership was restricted to Members of the Cricket Club, eventually Membership was opened to Gentlemen who were not “Full” members and in the 1920 the Club became one of the strongest in the area.
Although early records are obscure it is recorded in the balance sheet of 1919, that a donation of £25 be given to the Cricket Club to form the WBA. In 1921 an entrance fee and subscription to the Worcestershire & Warwickshire Association, with the formation of the Worcestershire Bowling Association in 1930. The Club joined the County Association in 1931 and in 1937 moved to the new Corporation Greens at Cripplegate Park, still retaining their name of County Ground B.C.
One Club member Joe Miller was an early Officer of the County serving as Secretary and Treasurer during 1933 and 1935. Another prominent Club member at the time was Bill Lock who helped compile the Rules and Constitution of the County Association and was well known for his strict adherence to them. He also served as County President in 1953 and was the County representative to the EBA. For his service to his Club and County he was honoured with Life Membership of the EBA in 1965.
Many other names come to mind who did so much to develop the County Association as it is today, a few, Walter Hurst, Arthur Baker, Walter Beresford, and the Coates family, Father Fred and sons Jim and Peter. Since the formation of the County Championships in 1930, the Club has enjoyed much success, winning over 30 County Championships, Vernon Turner Cup 7 times.