Malvern Victoria Bowling Club


Club Address

Victoria Park, Malvern Link, WR14 2JY

Club Personnel

Kit Anderson Club Secretary

A: 1, Hawkwood Close, Malvern, WR14 1QU

T: 01684 567334

E: [email protected]

Brian Costigan President

T: 01684 897717

E: [email protected]

Dan Handy Club Captain

T: 01886 832079

E: [email protected]

Richard Bosley Fixture Secretary

A: 80 Guarlford Road, Malvern, WR14 3QT

T: 01684 563191

E: [email protected]

Steve Aldridge Club Vice Captain

T: 01684 567334

E: [email protected]

Carol Boughton Ladies' Captain

T: 01886 884210

E: [email protected]

John Ratcliffe Men's Champion 2021
Shirley Smith Ladies' Champion 2021

T: 01684 464910

Kit Aldridge Exec. Council Member 1

T: 01684 567334

E: [email protected]

Sue Walby Exec. Council Member 2

T: 01684 574397

E: [email protected]

Club Bio

The Club was formed in 1908. The Rt Hon Earl Beauchamp was the owner of the land, now Victoria Park Malvern Link. He constructed a bowling green on the land where the tennis courts are today, which was for use by the “Gentlemen of the Link”.
In 1946 Earl Beauchamp gave the playing fields to Malvern Urban District Council, to be kept as a playing field. After two years Malvern Urban District Council wanted to dispose of the bowling green to make way for tennis courts, the Gentlemen however insisted that a new bowling green be constructed where it is today before relinquishing the existing green, this was agreed.
Three of the Club members, H.P. Benbridge, H.W. Thomas and N.A Jones attended the first AGM of the Worcestershire Bowling Association on Tuesday 14th January 1930.
The 1968 Diamond Jubilee year yielded, President E. Chapman, Vice-President A.E Thomas, Captain W.J. Virgo, Vice-Captain A. Herridge, Honorary Treasurer E. Berrow and Secretary W.D. Haggar. In those days 29 matches were played whereas today 45 matches are played.
In 1970 Ladies were invited to join the Club with an annual fee of £1-00, the men’s fee being £5-00. The Club has provided three Presidents of the County Association: Frank Wainwright 1977: Victor Blackshaw 1987 and Gordon Hall 1995.
The Club has always been a strong supporter of the County Association and take a full part in the administration of the County. The Club always take part in County Competitions and have had several representatives at the National Championships.

Year Founded1908
Approved Shirt ColourWhite Polo shirt with blue panels on sides and sleeves, yellow collar, club badge